This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpookySnacks #CollectiveBias
Halloween is less than 2 weeks away! Are you ready yet? I’ve been gearing up for a couple of weeks now to be ready. This year I’m going to be giving away OREO cookies in their Glow in the Dark packaging. The kids are going to love them!
Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year and I’m going to a fantastic fun party that I am anxiously waiting for. I’m also helping with a children’s party Halloween afternoon. I love more than anything seeing the kids in their costumes.
I made this cupcakes using Fanta Orange Soda in both the cupcakes and the frosting. They are so good with a bright orange flavor. I topped them with pop rocks. When you bite into the frosting it pops in your mouth making them the perfect Halloween treat. If you can’t find orange pop rocks, I’d top these cupcakes with OREO mini cookies or both!
I found the Glow in the Dark OREOS at Walmart in a box of 30. I found them in my store in the center display aisle in front of the cash registers. They’ll be perfect for your favorite trick or treaters or even a classroom treat. Take some Orange Fanta Soda along for a refreshing drink. I found some cute stickers to decorate the bottles with for an added spooky touch.
Evette Rios, host of the CBS show Recipe Rehab is creating custom, Walmart-exclusive recipes that combines both Fanta and OREO products. These exclusive Walmart recipes can be found at the Spooky Snack Lab.
How cool is that Glow in the Dark Packaging? Each package contains 2 OREO cookies.
- 1 box white cake mix
- 3 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Fanta Orange Pop
- 5 tablespoons orange gelatin
- 1/4 cup softened butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or shortening
- 3 cups confectionery sugar
- 3 - 4 tablespoons Fanta Orange Pop
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- remaining orange gelatin (about 2 tablespoons)
- Pop Rocks, sprinkles or Mini OREOS
- Add egg whites, vegetable oil, Fanta orange pop and gelatin together in a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
- Add the cake mix. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes.
- Prepare a cupcake pan with 18 cupcake liners. Add cake batter about 3/4 full. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 - 20 minutes. Cupcakes may sink slightly in the center.
- Beat together coconut oil and butter. Add the confectionery sugar and gelatin. Add the orange soda and heavy cream. Beat for about 4 minutes until smooth and creamy. Put frosting in a decorating bag and pipe the frosting on. Sprinkle with the pop rocks or sprinkles.
Be sure to check out the Spooky Snack Lab for more fun Halloween recipes!