Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies are chex cereal coated with peanut butter, chocolate, cinnamon and powdered sugar.
Need a quick snack? This might just be it. Muddy Buddies are quick and easy to make. You can use any kind of Chex cereal you like, I used rice chex. These are perfect for gift giving too. I don’t know who wouldn’t love a bag of these.
I was recently sent some LorAnn Oils and a bakery emulsion to use. I got a Cinnamon Spice Emulsion and that is what I used to make these. The Cinnamon Spice bakery emulsion is really awesome in these. They have quite a few emulsion flavors and I know I am going to be checking them out after trying this one. You can use cinnamon if you don’t have the emulsion, but the emulsion takes these Snickerdoodle Muddy Buddies from good to great!
- 8 cups Chex Cereal
- 1 1/2 - 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips or 8 oz. vanilla coating
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon or 2 teaspoons LorAnn Oils Cinnamon Spice Bakery Emulsion
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave with the peanut butter and butter. It will take about a minute or two depending on your microwave. Add the vanilla and cinnamon.
- Pour over the chex. Mix carefully and try not to break the cereral up. Add the confectionery sugar to a plastic bag. Add the cereal mix and shake until coated..
You might also want to try