Blueberry Pies made in the shape of stars are the perfect dessert for Memorial Day.
How perfect are these little blueberry pies for Memorial Day? They are easy to make using a mold I found at Williams Sonama. You just cut pie crust circles, make a blueberry filling and close the mold. Remove the excess pie dough and you have hand pies in the shape of stars. There was also a apple and a circle mold in the set of 3 molds I got. You could also just cut circles of dough and use a fork to go around the edges to seal.
- 2 cups blueberries
- 3/4 cup sugar
- double pie crust
- egg wash
- Place the berries in a bowl with the sugar. Let set while you make the dough.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder. Cut into 12 pieces. Divide each piece in 2. Roll out until it will fit in the mold. If not using a mold to shape the pies a fork will work also.
- Place 1 piece of the dough into the mold. Add about 5 - 6 berries. Add second piece of dough. Close mold. Remove excess dough from around the edges. Place pies on a greased baking sheet.
- Brush top of pies with egg wash. Add a few sprinkles.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes or until lightly browned.