Orange Pineapple Trifle is made using an orange cake mix, crushed pineapple and a whipped cream cheese filling.
Orange Pineapple Cheesecake Trifle
This is one of the desserts I made last weekend. I made it the day before I needed it and kept it covered in the refrigerator until needed. I loved the combination of the orange and pineapple combined with the cream cheese mixture.
- 1 orange cake mix
- 1 15 oz. can mandarin oranges
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 15 oz can crushed pineapple
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 12 pan.
- Mix up the cake with the eggs, oil and juice from the mandarin oranges. Beat for 3 minutes with a mixer. Fold in the mandarin oranges. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until done. Cool.
- Mix together the cream cheese, heavy cream and vanilla. Whip until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Drain pineapple.
- Break up a layer of cake over bottom of trifle dish. Spread a layer of crushed pineapple on top. Add a layer of cream cheese mixture. Repeat all 3 layers, using a decorating bag if desired for a decorative top.