Cute Easter Peeps Bunny Cake is easy to do and festive also.
Peeps Bunny Cake Recipe
I think I have a trend going in the last week, I have been making peeps out of everything or adorning them on something like the cake here. This is an easy to do quick last minute cake. You could even do this to a store bought cake in a real pinch. Just be sure to grab a can of frosting too!
I made my go to easy buttercream frosting recipe and frosted the cake with it. I watched my mom make so much of this buttercream frosting except she used shortening in it. I like the flavor butter gives it so I use that instead. I baked a box confetti cake because it is so springlike when cut. Tint about a cup of coconut with green food coloring. Add a few drops at a time until you get the color you want. Stir it in and add a few more drops if it isn’t green enough. Add coconut and jelly beans to the top of the cake. Pipe an edge around the top and bottom of the cake. Add a dab of frosting to the back of the peep and adhere to cake.
- 1 cake mix baked according to directions
- 1 cup coconut
- green food coloring
- jelly beans
- box of bunny peeps
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 cups confectionary sugar
- 3 - 4 tablespoons milk or cream
- dash of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bake cake mix according to directions on package. Bake in 8 or 9 inch cake pans.
- Add frosting ingredients to mixer bowl. Beat on medium heat until it is all blended together. Then turn you mixer to high and beat until light and fluffy. If frosting is to thick add another tablespoon of milk.
- Frost cake with frosting.
- Add coconut to a small bowl. Add a few drops of green food coloring to it a few drops at a time until you get the desired green color you want for the grass. Sprinkle it over the cake, almost to the edges. Press down lightly. Add jelly beans.
- Pipe an edge of frosting around the top to make a border. Repeat along the bottom.
- Add a dab of frosting to the back of the peeps and stick them to the cake. To evenly space them think of the outside of the cake like a clock. Put them at 3, 6, 9 and 12 first. Then fill in the remaining spots.