Strawberry Jello Shots are made with Rum, Grand Marnier in fresh strawberries, topped with whipped cream.
I had some strawberries in the refrigerator I needed to use and saw a picture for strawberry jello shots on Pinterest. I decided right away these might be good for Valentine’s Day. I used rum instead of water to mix up the jello with and some Grand Marnier. They are really yummy, especially with the whipped cream topping.
Strawberries are in season here in Florida and there is a great place to get them about 10 minutes away. The best thing is they are picked ripe! They have been so sweet. It is fun to go there too because they serve the best strawberry sundaes and strawberry shortcakes. When you walk in the door all you can smell is strawberries, sure wish I could package that smell up and bring it home.
- 1 small package strawberry jello
- 1 cup rum
- 1/2 cup grand marnier
- 2 qts. strawberries
- Whipped Cream
- Heat the rum in a microwave safe container. Bring to a boil. Watch carefully, mine boiled at 1 minute.
- Stir in the jello. When it is dissolved add the grand marnier.
- Wash the strawberries. Remove the green tops. Using the small end of a melon baller scoop out the center of the strawberries. (Do not go all the way thru the berries) Cut a small slice off of the bottom of the berries so that it stands in a pie plate. When all of the strawberries are in an upright position pour in the jello mixture to the top.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Top with a dollop of whipped cream.