Yummy Steak and Blue Cheese Pizza from Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
Steak and Blue Cheese Pizza
Hi everyone! I am Kristin from Dizzy Busy and Hungry. My blog is all about easy, healthy, and family-friendly food and how to fit it all in to today’s busy schedules. I am excited to be a guest here on Recipes, Food and Cooking today! Many thanks to Mary Ellen for having me.
Today I am sharing my recipe for Steak and Blue Cheese Pizza. My family and I LOVE pizza. Friday night has been designated as Pizza Night in my house since the kids grew enough teeth to chew. But, as pizza started to get more expensive, and they started tacking on a delivery charge in addition to the expected tip, it became more of a luxury than an ordinary dinner. Although we now order carry out rather than having it delivered, sometimes on a Friday evening we just don’t feel like battling the traffic around here to get to the local pizza place. So, we started buying pre-made frozen pizza dough and making it ourselves! It is super-easy, and much more cost effective than delivery or even carry out. And the kids have a good time dreaming up new toppings and crafting the pizzas every week.
All of that being said, this particular combination of ingredients is admittedly not the cheapest. But overall, it is still less expensive than ordering out, so we like to have it every so often for something a little different. And, it is perfect for those Sunday afternoon football-watching gatherings! In fact, with the Super Bowl coming up, I am going to stock up on some pizza dough, steak, and blue cheese so we can have this pizza for the big game!
- 14 ounces whole wheat pizza dough (I used store-bought)
- 1 cup reduced-fat shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup cooked steak strips, cut into smaller pieces (I used pre-cooked)
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbles
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees Celsius).
- Roll out dough to about 16 inches in diameter. Use a little flour to keep it from sticking.
- Place the pizza on a pizza baking sheet or pizza stone.
- Top with mozzarella.
- Distribute steak strips and spinach.
- Sprinkle the blue cheese crumbles on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Kristin at Dizzy, Busy and Hungry
Thanks to all of you and to Mary Ellen for your hospitality today! It has been a pleasure to spend some time with you. I hope you will stop by my blog, Dizzy Busy and Hungry, and check out some of the other family-friendly recipes I have! You can also follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google+.
Enjoy and have a great day!