Wonder why I call it that? Because with this recipe you just add 1 more of all of the main ingredients and before you know it, you’ll have a healthy recipe for 1 to 3 people.
1 – 2 – 3 Chicken Stew
- 1 half chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 carrot - cut in large chunks
- 1/2 stalk of celery - cut in large chunks
- 1 potato - cut in large chunks
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh corn
- 1/2 of a small onion - cut in large chunks
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 bouillion cube (actually I use Minor's or Penzey's Chicken Base)
- 1 garlic clove (optional) - minced
- salt and pepper
- herbs of your choice
- Cut chicken breast into large cubes. Add oil to dutch oven and brown chicken cubes. Add onions and garlic and continue to brown for several more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients including water. Stir to mix and cover loosely. Cook about 20 - 30 minutes until vegetables are tender. Thicken with 1 heaping tablespoon flour and water mixed together. Cook another 5 minutes and serve.
- Serves 1. (Just double or triple this recipe to serve more)
- Note: You can substitute any vegetables you have. These just happened to be the vegetables I had on hand.