Baked Ravioli Casserole
For a quick and easy recipe packed full of flavor try this easy Baked Ravioli Casserole. I started with a bag of frozen cheese ravioli and a jar of spaghetti sauce. I added some ground beef, petite tomatoes, spices and vidala onion to the sauce. I always start with a basic spaghetti sauce and doctor it up a little so it tastes more like homemade. If there is a sauce you like just as it is I’d use it but found I needed the extra tomatoes so I had a little more sauce.
It was ready in less than an hour to make the casserole. While the sauce cooked I pre-boiled the ravioli. I only cooked it to about half way so it could finish cooking with the sauce and not be overcooked.
I baked the casserole covered with aluminum foil for 30 minutes before adding the mozzarella cheese.
After I added the cheese I turned the broiler to high and it took about 5 minutes to get the cheese all melted. I like doing it this way because the cheese will stay all soft and melted.
- 1 quart spaghetti sauce
- 1¼ lbs. ground beef
- 1 14.5 oz. can petite tomatoes
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian spices
- 1 clove minced garlic
- salt and pepper
- 26 oz. bag frozen cheese ravioli
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese
- Brown the ground beef. Add the onion, salt, pepper and garlic. When the onion is translucent add the jar of spaghetti sauce, petite tomatoes and spices. Cook for 20 minutes.
- While the sauce is cooking add the frozen ravioli to a pan of boiling salted water. When it comes back to a boil, cook for 1 minute more. Drain in a colander.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Add a little of the sauce to the bottom of the pan. Add the ravioli. Top with remaining sauce. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Top with cheese and broil for 5 minutes. Let set 5 minutes before serving.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?