Roasted Vegetable Pasta has eggplant, zucchini, onions, tomatoes and garlic all layered with mozzarella cheese and pasta.
Roasted Vegetable Pasta Recipe
Do you find it hard to cook for one or 2 and still have some variety in what you eat? I know I do and am always on the lookout for recipes that have a multiple use. This is another recipe in my Cooking For 2 section. I made a big tray of roasted vegetables and then made it into a Shrimp with Roasted Vegetables dish for one dinner and the next night made the Roasted Vegetable Pasta.
I made a roasted medley of vegetables using zucchini, eggplant, onions, grape tomatoes. sweet peppers and garlic. Feel free to substitute if you don’t like one of these. Summer squash, mushroom quarters or cauliflower would all work too.
I really find this is the easiest way for me to cook for one or two. I look for recipes I know I will love and then find several uses for the main component. Chicken would also be good if you don’t want shrimp. The directions for making the roasted vegetables is on That’s My Home at the link above with the shrimp. I reserved half of the roasted vegetables to make this pasta dish. It will serve 2 people easily. especially if you make a salad to go with it.
I only had mozzarella slices so that is what I used, shredded will work just fine. The area of the dish used here is equivalent to a large bread pan, just to give you an idea of the size of the dish in the picture. You are going to love how fast and easy this dinner is once you make the roasted vegetables.
- 2 1/2 cups Roasted Vegetables with Tomato Sauce
- 4 - 8 sheets lasagna - depends on the width
- 6 oz. mozzarella cheese
- Spray a pan with cooking spray.
- Cook the lasagna noodles for about 5 minutes. (They will finish cooking in the oven) Drain and rinse.
- Put a layer of pasta in the bottom of the pan. Add 1/3 of the vegetable mixture. Top with 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat 2 more times. Add cheese to the top of it and bake.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes at 350 degrees. Cheese should be turning brown and the vegetables bubbly. Let set 5 minutes before serving.