Watermelon Margarita’s made with Tequila, Margarita mix and fresh frozen watermelon with a splash of Grand Marnier.
It is over 100 degrees outside today so we decided that since we are doing Taco Thursday it was a great afternoon for Watermelon Margaritas. They are cool and refreshing, the perfect drink on a summer day. I used Tequila Gold and Grand Marnier but you could use Triple Sec instead.
- 2 1?2 cups seedless watermelon, rind already removed,cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces tequila (hopefully an aged tequila)
- 2 ounces Triple Sec
- 1 1?2 cups ice
- Place cut watermelon on a cookie sheet and place in freezer. Freeze solid, remove and place in a plastic bag.
- Place all the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.
We had Strawberry Margarita Pie for dessert and you can see the recipe now over at Flavor Mosaic where I am guest posting today. Please stop by and tell Michele Hello!