Roasted sweet potatoes star in the wonderful sweet potato cheesecake that is lightly spiced with cinnamon. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream.
Sweet Potato Cheesecake
I made this last year and never posted it! I am going thru old photos and was surprised to see it. I think I like it better than pumpkin cheesecake! It is a milder flavor and not as spicy. Roast a couple of sweet potatoes and you are ready to start this easy to make sweet potato cheesecake.
You need the bigger graham cracker crust for this if you are going to use a prepared crust, the one with 2 extra servings. There is to much filling for a regular crust. If you make your own crust use a springform pan and you’ll be good to go. Another modification you can make and not sacrifice taste is to use Splenda and Splenda brown sugar to reduce the sugar in this. I’ve made it using Splenda and it worked great. I really like Brown sugar Splenda in particular and use it quite often.
- 3 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups roasted sweet potatoes - about 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- dash salt
- 1 prepared graham cracker crust (the bigger one with 2 extra servings)
- Whipped Cream - optional
- Roast 2 sweet potatoes in the oven until tender. When they are cool enough to handle cut open and scoop the sweet potato out of them. Mash them with a potato masher until they are creamy the best you can.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the cream cheese and sugars. Lightly beat the eggs and add to the cream cheese mixture. When thoroughly mixed in add the whipped cream, salt, sweet potatoes and cinnamon. Mix until combined and pour into crust.
- Place a large pan of boiling water in the oven on the rack under the cheesecake. Put in the oven and after 15 minutes turn down to 325. Bake for about 45 minutes or until the center is set, it will puff up as soon as the center is set and fall as it cools. Cool and refrigerate until serving time.
- Serve with whipped cream.