This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef® Brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
New York Strip Roast with Gremolata Butter
Have you heard about the new app for your phone that helps you cook the perfect roast every time? It’s called Roast Perfect and it is from Certified Angus Beef. I love cooking with Certified Angus Beef for the holidays. Certified Angus Beef sets the standard for the highest quality beef you can buy. Not all angus cattle can meet the high standards for the Certified Angus Beef brand, in fact only 1 in 4 Angus cattle meet the brand’s high standards.
I don’t know which to rave about the most, this delicious roast or the app which helped me cook it.
The Certifed Angus Beef New York Strip Roast I cooked was a 3.5 lb. roast that the butcher cut for me. I want to tell you this roast just melts in your mouth. It was amazing. I went to Shaner’s Land and Sea Market at St. Petersburg Beach in Pass-A-Grille to get my roast where the butcher cut my roast to my specifications. You can use the store locator to find Certified Angus Beef in stores and restaurants where you live.
Let’s take a look at this app. I know you’re going to love it. Download Roast Perfect, here. Did I mention that it’s Free? This app is going to let you relax and know that your holiday beef roast is going to be cooked to perfection!
I was cooking for 4 so I used the Roast Perfect App to see how big of a roast I would need.
To prepare it for cooking all I did was add salt and pepper. Beef this perfect sure doesn’t need anything else, even though I decided to dress it up with a little gremolata butter.
Look at this beautiful marbling this roast has! The marbling is what you’re looking for no matter what cut you buy. Those little flecks of marbling will melt into the beef as it cooks making the roast tender and juicy. Be sure to let it rest at least 10 minutes before carving.
This was so good! I owe it all to the Perfect Roast App. It is so easy to use.
- 1 New York Strip Roast - mine was 3.5 lbs.
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Gremolata Butter
- ¼ cup flat parsley
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- rind from 1 lemon
- Rub the oil over the roast. Salt and pepper the roast. Rub it into the roast so that it sticks to the meat.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the meat, fat side up in a roasting pan fitted with a rack. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Turn down heat to 325 degrees. Roast for about 1.25 hours or until roast reaches 135 - 140 degrees for medium doneness.
- Remove roast from oven. Tent loosely with foil and let set for 10 minutes before carving.
- To make the gremolata butter, add the parsley leaves and garlic to a food processor. Process until finely chopped. Add butter. Roll into a cylinder on waxed paper. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Asian Beer Marinated Roast by Food Done Light
- Bone-In Rib Roast Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast by Flavor Mosaic
- Classic Prime Rib by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coffee Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Garlic Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Life Tastes Good
- Garlic Herb Beef Tenderloin Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Greek Marinated Sirloin Tip Roast by Curious Cuisiniere
- Herbed Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine and Cranberry Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Pepper Sirloin Tip Roast by Magnolia Days
- Lendenbraten with Black Truffle Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- New York Strip Roast by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Prime Rib Roast with Brussels Sprouts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Prime Rib Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prime Rib Roast with Santa Maria Rub by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Shallot and Herb Roast by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Ribeye Roast with Caramelized Onion by Cooking Chat
- Sweet and Garlicky Prime Rib by Family Foodie
- Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce by Whole Food | Real Families
- #RoastPerfect Tips Plus Holiday Roasting Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.