Creamy macaroni and cheese made in one pot, dinner in less than 30 minutes. Macaroni and Cheese is a favorite at our house, how about yours?
To make this recipe you are going to have to forget everything your mama ever told you about cooking pasta. For this recipe you are going to cook it all in one pan, no boiling the pasta and draining. That’s right, 1 pot and the best part is it can be made in less than 30 minutes. Did I tell you yet it’s delicious? It is, and creamy, I bet you’ll love it. You can use whatever kind of macaroni or pasta that you want to.
I popped this Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese under the broiler for the picture and also thinking it might enhance it, I’d skip that step when I make it again. Just dive right into this Stovetop Macaroni and Cheese tonight! This One Pot Macaroni and Cheese is sure to become a favorite at your house.
I’m sure by now if you are a reader at this site that you notice I use that blue pan a lot. I love it and I do use it a lot. It can go from stovetop to oven. It is made by Le Creuset and the blue isn’t available any more but they have about 10 new colors to choose from. Makes me almost want to get a new one!
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 1 (12 oz) can evaporated milk
- 12 oz elbow macaroni - I used rototini
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Add the water, salt and 1 cup of the evaporated milk to a large pan. Bring to a simmer and add the pasta. Cook over medium heat, just below a boil for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Stir several times while it is cooking.
- In a small bowl mix together the remaining evaporated milk, cornstarch, dry mustard and hot sauce. When the pasta is done stir in this mixture and stir until incorporated and thickened.
- Remove from heat and start adding the cheese, a handful at a time. Stir until it melts. After you get all of the cheese in, stir in the butter. Serve.