Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Rotini Pasta
It’s Sunday Supper time! I always get excited when I can share with you and the other Sunday Supper taste makers. Today we are all about Easy Spring Recipes. Nothing says spring more to me than asparagus so I decided to share my lemon shrimp with a asparagus rotini pasta. Anne from Simple and Savory is our host for this event. Be sure to come over to Twitter on Sunday evening for our fun twitter party at 7 PM EST.
Are you single? Cooking for one or two? You’ll love the restaurant quality of this dish and you can be serving it in less time than it takes to order a pizza or do a drive thru somewhere. This recipe can be easily adjusted for the number of servings you need.
You want to start by peeling the shrimp. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta. Cook for about 6 minutes. In the meantime get the asparagus ready to go. I cut mine in bite size pieces and set the tips aside. In the last couple minutes of cooking the pasta I add the cut pieces and in the last 30 seconds add the tips. I don’t know about you but I hate soggy asparagus. Doing the tips last will make those the best asparagus the best you’ve ever eaten.
- 7 - 8 extra large shrimp (15 per pound)
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped shallot
- 2 stalks fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon oil
- ½ lemon
- ½ cup dried rotini pasta
- 12 stalks asparagus
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Peel the shrimp if needed.
- Bring a large pan of water to a boil. Add the rotini pasta and cook for about 8 minutes or until ala dente.
- Chop the asparagus into bite size pieces. Set the tips aside. When the pasta has been cooking about 6 minutes add the asparagus pieces (not the tips yet) to the pot. After 2 minutes add the asparagus tips. Cook for 30 seconds. Drain the pasta and asparagus.
- Add the oil to a saute pan. When hot add the shrimp in a single layer with the minced garlic, thyme and chopped shallots. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes. Then flip over the shrimp and cook on other side until the shrimp turns pink. Juice the lemon over the shrimp. Remove the pan from the heat. Cut the butter into 3 pieces. Add the butter to the pan, swirling off of the heat. It should thicken the lemon juice and make a sauce.
- Add the pasta and asparagus to a bowl. Top with the lemon shrimp.
Be sure to check out the rest of the recipes from the other Sunday Supper taste makers.
Cakes, Pies, and Sweets
- Coconut Custard Pie by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mango Banana Bread by Asian in America
- Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Cookies and Bars
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Coconut Mango Chia Pudding Parfait by The Crumby Cupcake
- Maple Syrup Madeleines by The Finer Cookie
- Oatmeal Rhubarb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pistachio Lemon Bars by From the Bookshelf
- Creamy and Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad by Cooking On The Ranch
- Grilled Lamb Lollipops with a Lemon and Pea Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes by Hardly a Goddess
- Pad Thai Spring Rolls by Brunch-n-Bites
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Tenderloin by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spring Pizza with Goat Cheese & Asparagus by Wholistic Woman
- Spring Power Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Crab and Asparagus Pasta by My Savory Spoon.com
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Rotini Pasta by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Feta by Soulfully Made
- Simple Pasta with Peas, Ham and Cream by Cooking With Carlee
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Swordfish and Asparagus with Lentils and Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Flaked Salmon Arugula Spinach Watercress Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie by Books n’ Cooks
- Red Snapper in a Saffron-Tomato Broth with Artichoke Hearts & Potatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Salmon with Parsley Pesto and Peas by Cooking Chat
Veggies and Sides
- Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid by Crazed Mom
- Asparagus Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart by Sunday Supper Movement
- Herbed Lemon Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Microwave Carrots and Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Spring Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Shaved Asparagus Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?