White Bread and Cinnamon Rolls
You’re going to love this white bread recipe because you get both a loaf of bread and 8 delicious big cinnamon rolls. It is just a basic white bread recipe with a touch of sugar added which is why this recipe works for both.
Love the texture of this bread. Slather on some butter and jam!
- 4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- ¼ cup warm water
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm milk
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted, more for greasing bowl and pans and for brushing the tops of the loaves
- 3 eggs
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- Cinnamon Smear
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups confectionery sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 tablespoons butter at room temperature
- milk as needed
- Add the yeast and 1 teaspoon of the sugar to a small bowl. Stir in the warm water. Let sit for 5 minutes until mixture becomes bubbly.
- Heat the milk to lukewarm. Add to you mixing bowl fitted with a dough hook.
- Add the yeast, eggs, butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add the flour and salt. Mix until incorporated.
- Knead the dough with the dough hook for about 10 minutes. Dough will get a satiny look to it.
- Cover dough and let raise until doubled. Punch the dough down and let raise again.
- Mix together the cinnamon smear mixture for the cinnamon rolls.
- Divide the dough into 2 pieces. Shape one half into a loaf and put in a greased bread pan.
- Roll the other piece out on a floured surface to a 6 x 12 rectangle. Add the cinnamon smear mixture and spread it out evenly across the top of the dough. Roll the dough into a cylinder.
- Cut into 8 pieces and place on a greased cookie sheet. Cover and let raise until doubled.
- Bake at 350 degrees. The rolls should take about 20 minutes and the loaf of bread 30 - 35 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Mix together the frosting ingredients adding milk as necessary to make the frosting spreadable.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?