This is a quick and easy version of my spaghetti pie. This is a perfect dish for a potluck and can be made ahead of time. I used buccatini which is one of my favorite pastas to use in a dish like this one. It is like a thick spaghetti noodle but it is hollow in the center.
The buccatini is layered in the pan with the sauce.
It is then topped with mushroom soup before adding a thick layer of cheese. I had my doubts about this step but was pleasantly surprised at what a wonderful addition it was. It added a super creamy layer of goodness that really complimented the pasta.
Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes.
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 - 3 cloves minced garlic
- ½ cup diced mini sweet peppers
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup water - divided use
- ¾ lb. buccatini noodles or spaghetti noodles
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 2 cups shredded cheese- I used half mozzarella and sharp cheddar
- Brown the ground beef. Drain off any excess grease. Add the onions, garlic and saute them until translucent. Stir in the sweet peppers. Add the tomato sauce, basil, oregano and ½ cup of the water. Cook for 20 minutes.
- Cook the buccatini until almost tender. It will finish cooking when the dish is baked. Drain. Add 1 cup of the sauce to the noodles. Add half the noodles to a greased 9 x 9 dish. Top with half of the remaining sauce. Top with remaining noodles. Add the remaining sauce.
- Mix the mushroom soup to a bowl. Stir in remaining half cup water. Spread on top of the pasta mixture in the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until cheese is browned and pasta is bubbly.
- Top with cheeses.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?
Pin the Spaghetti Pie Recipe!