It’s beginning to feel like Christmas! These cupcakes are all dressed up for a party. They taste amazing and are so moist! I just used a simple butter cream to frost them so no refrigeration needed.
- 1 cup butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- 2⅔ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1.2 teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add the eggs, molasses, vanilla and milk.
- Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices to a bowl. Mix together.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet mixture. Blend thoroughly. Add remaining flour. Mix together well.
- Place cupcake liners in the cupcake tins. Fill the liner ⅔ full with the cupcake batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. A tester will pull out clean when they are baked. Cool.
I used a simple Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting but a cream cheese frosting would be good also. I decorated them simply with a few chocolate sprinkles and store bought gingerbread men decorations.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?