Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup with chunks of tender beef, carrots, tomatoes, potatoes, celery and onions.
Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
One of my favorite ways to make soup is in my crock pot. This is comfort food at it’s finest. Simple and easy to make and it cooks all day for a delicious hot supper.
You can more or less vegetables. Sometimes I add corn, green beans and peas. You can add a starch like rice or pasta. This is just a good basic recipe for beef vegetable soup. You could also substitute chicken for the beef but if you do be sure to add chicken broth, not the beef. When the crock pot gets full I am done adding vegetables which is why you don’t see the corn, green beans and peas. I was just happily chopping vegetables and didn’t think to leave room and I was using my smallest crock pot.
- 1 lb. stew beef
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 3 potatoes
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- salt and pepper to taste.
- 2 cups beef broth
- Cut the stew beef into bite size pieces. Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add beef and quickly brown it. Add it to the crock pot.
- Chop all of the vegetables into bite size pieces. Add to the crock pot.
- Add the water and beef broth. Add the salt and pepper.
- Turn the crock pot onto high and cook for at least 6 hours.
Maybe you’d like to try our recipe for?