#KraftyCooking Mac and Cheese Tomato Soup is made using Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in a box, with tomato soup, cream and a few fresh veggies.
#KraftyCooking Mac and Cheese Tomato Soup Recipe
Are you using Google+ yet? I am and am really enjoying the interaction you can find there. As part of an case study today is going to be #KraftyCooking day. A group of food bloggers are going to do a case study to show brands like Kraft the value of Google+ and the reach of food bloggers. There is Google Group here that talks about this case study and what we are trying to do if you would like some more information. The criteria for this is we had to use either Kraft Macaroni and Cheese or Cracker Barrel Cheese. I decided to try the Macaroni and Cheese route and see if I could come up with an interesting dish that could be a quick economical weekday meal that a family would enjoy.
I first started thinking about what I could do with this box of Macaroni and Cheese other than how it was originally intended. So I decided to go to my Facebook page and ask there what my readers there do with it. I had quite a few replies and then needed to decide which one I was going to use. I had some really good choices and you will be seeing a few more of these recipes soon including one for a Pizza Casserole dish. I decided since we are all experiencing the bitter cold that I was going to make a soup. Shelia had a suggestion with ground beef, macaroni and cheese with tomato soup. She had me at Tomato Soup…. Tomato Soup to me is one of those comfort foods that every once in awhile I just have to have with a grilled cheese sandwich which I just so happened to make the other day on some No Knead Bread. This soup is not only going to fill your tummy but it is also really good. No one would even guess you started with a box of macaroni and cheese!
I used fresh cilantro in mine for seasoning but if you don’t have it on hand you can use some dried basil or any other spice mix you like. Because of the tomato soup in it add a little first and taste. Add more if you want it.
- 1 box Kraft Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 can tomato soup
- 3 cups water
- 1 cube chicken base
- 1 cup half and half
- 2 - 4 oz. cheddar cheese
- 1 - 2 tomatoes - chopped
- 2 - 3 mini peppers - chopped finely
- ¼ cup onion - chopped finely
- handful fresh basil or ½ teaspoon dry basil
- salt and pepper - as needed
- Bring a pan of salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni and cook until almost tender. Drain well.
- Add the water, chicken base, tomato soup to a pan. Oh and that cheese package. Whisk it until it is all incorporated. Add the veggies, spice you are using and put the pan over medium heat and cook for about 15 minutes or until veggies are tender. Add the grated cheese, half and half and the macaroni back into the pan. Add salt if needed and fresh pepper. Cook without boiling for 5 minutes. (If you let it boil the half and half could curdle)
Just to disclose Kraft did not pay me or endorse this post in any way. All opinions are my own. #KraftyCooking #GrowYourGooglePlus