Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cake, 2 layers of chocolate cake and a layer of chocolate chip cheesecake all frosted in a creamy chocolate frosting.
Chocolate, Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cake
Yesterday I set out to make a simple chocolate cake using one of my favorite recipes. Somehow this cake evolved into a 3 layer cake with a center of chocolate chip cheesecake with a creamy chocolate frosting. Can you say Yum? I just finished taking pictures so I can tell you this cake is really good!
The chocolate cake is super moist and delicious, you would never guess it starts with a mix.
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 small pkg Jello instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 8 oz packages cream cheese
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1 cup whipping cream - divided use
- ⅔ cup cocoa
- ½ butter
- 5 - 6 cups confectionary sugar
- dash salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a very large bowl, mix together everything except chocolate chips. Batter will be thick.
- Pour batter into 9 inch cake pan that has been sprayed and lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cake at 350 for about 35 minutes. Check with a cake tester or toothpick to make sure cake is done. Cool cakes.
- Take cream cheese from refrigerator about 30 minutes before using. Put the cream cheese into a mixture bowl and beat to blend a little. Add sugar and vanilla. Mix together for 3 minutes. Add eggs one a time and beat until blended in. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into a 9 inch cake pan that has been lined with parchment. Do not skip this step or you will have trouble getting it out of the pan. (wax paper will also work, just not as well)
- Bake at 325 for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is no longer jiggly. When cheesecake is done, take a knife and run it around the outside of the cheesecake. Let cheesecake cool in oven.
- Heat ½ cup of the whipping cream in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- Put cocoa into mixing bowl and pour warm whipped cream over. Beat together using the whip attachment. Let cool.
- When cocoa mixture is cool add butter and whip for several minutes. This mixture is going to be very thick. Slowly add remaining ½ cup whip cream. Add the salt and 4 cups of the confectionary sugar. Beat for several minutes scrapping down the sides of the bowl. Add another cup of the sugar and continue to beat. Beat for about 5 minutes adding remaining sugar if necessary to get the frosting to spreading consistency.
- Assemble Cake
- Place 1 cake layer bottom side up on a cake plate. Spread a layer of frosting over the top. Add cheesecake layer. Top with another layer of frosting. Add remaining cake layer again, bottom side up. Frost top of cake and then sides. Decorate the edges if you desire.
- That's My Home
Maybe you’d like to try?
Follow me on Pinterest